Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blessings

Man I want to write a post but haven't had time so this post will be dedicated to blessings.

166. Have I mentioned that I love my job :) Recently I have been making phone calls and a sweet old man called me sweetie and honey. He couldn't hear well and it was hilarious trying to communicate over the phone but he was so sweet to me. I talked to a younger man who was able to tell that I was young who ended the call with "Bye bye sweetie." It was just a sweet day :)

167. My Boss brought me a donut on a day I didn't have time to eat breakfast. It was so sweet of him and a yummy blessing :)

168. I GOT MY TICKET HOME!!! Woot Woot. Oregon, I will be returning May 14th!

169. Warm California days where you can wear a dress and have your friends tell you that you look cute and your co-workers ask if you are going on a date :) It is nice to be able to be accepted either way, to not feel obligated to dress all fancy but when you do it's fun.

170. My RD (resident director) is such a HUGE blessing. I have been able to meet and talk with her about an issue going on in my life and she is just so gracious to listen and watch the tears fall. She constantly speaks truth into my life in a loving way no matter how hard it hurts. She has so much wisdom and good advice but is not judging. I just value our time together and just being able to get to know her more has been a huge blessing. Very few colleges can you walk in your RD's apartment and have a cup of coffee! Yeah, my college is amazing ;)

170. Another huge blessing is to be able to see the growth that the Lord is doing in my life. Man He has taught me a lot in the year and has changed my mind and way of thinking so much in this time. It has been fun and encouraging to watch others see a change in me, especially my family who had to put up with the selfish me. Speaking of my family I just love them to death! I miss them a lot but was blessed to Skype them together as my sister was on her spring break at home and just talk and laugh and make funny faces. May is coming ;)

171. Laughing to tears watching youtube videos with a girl at work. Laughter is so contagious and it was funny to watch it spread throughout the little offices. I was also able to laugh really hard at Spring Sing (my school's talent show) and laughter is just such good relief!

172. Having lunch with a dear friend Katie. It was fun to catch up even if it was short but just being reminded that I am blessed and the Lord has placed these people in my life for a time and a purpose. Cherish those you love but make sure not to idolize them.

173. Isaiah 43:16-21 sent on a card from my sister. Look it up!

174. Package from my sister during a hard week with a TON of homework and the thought of her being at home on her spring break. YUMMY brownie cupcakes, cute pictures, church mail box stuff, and a loving honest letter. Man I am loved and spoiled ;) My sister is AMAZING and she knows just how to bless my socks right off! (such a weird saying)

175. Long boarding with Kristi during spring break. Spending three hours riding up and down the side walk by the cafe to Placerita. I am just so blessed by her friendship. Late night laughs and talks while eating ice-cream that I manage to fling all over the room. Dinner dates and clumsy moments. I was invited to have dinner with her family and it was just so good to be in a family setting again and to be able to joke around with her dad and just relax around the table. Those are the moments that make life worth living, that truly matter.

176. Oh it was so good to be back at my church. I just love it there and how the pastor can preach a simple yet profound message with a challenge and then a revelations class that is thought provoking with a great group of people. That place just touches my heart and fills me up for the week. This week we took communion and it was just so good to come to the foot of the cross and say, "Father I am sooo sorry for destroying your body but thank you for Your sacrifice and for giving me a new life!" I had a professor talk about worship and he pointed out the importance of preparing our hearts for Sunday. He told us to view church as the priest who, if sin was in his life would die going into the Holy of holies. We need to be right with God as we go into church and it has been so helpful and encouraging to do. I encourage you to try it!

177. My church at home had special meetings this past week and I was able to listen to them online and be encouraged. I am thankful for online sermons and bulletins! Good messages on the importance of repentance. Also a job lined up for July and August for a family in my church. 6 days a week, a set of twins and a 1 year old. Yep, hands will be full but so thankful for a job with children! 



178. The great fun yet serious talks with my dear friend Jen. It has been such a joy getting to know her more and to be able to share our struggles together. She is such an encouraging, genuine friend who is able to encourage me spiritually, take care of me physically, and be silly with me. I hope I can do the same to her! Last week she came in my room and just sat on the bed stroking my arm as I cried and that was a turning point in the situation I was going through. I wish I could share with her how much that meant to me but words do not do it justice. She wanted to do more but that is all i needed. Someone cared. She loves me for who I am even though my faults are easily exposed and written on my forehead. Oh what a blessing from above! She is also a hope-to-be/pretty-sure roommate for next year and I am really excited for that!

179. IBEX (Israel Bible Extension Program) Application TURNED IN! Eek, what a blessing it would be to go to Israel next Spring. I cannot even fathom it but i get all giddy thinking about it. It feels so good to have it turned in. It's in the Lord's hands.

180. A great chapel message on forgiveness. Ow it hurt. That is one thing I struggle with too much. I hold onto things. I have been hurt so many times that I like to give myself extra protection and by doing that I hold people accountable for their past in the present. Not a good idea. I needed to hear this message. Yes, I knew it but it was so good to be refreshed and spoken the truth about it. "Father, help change my heart to forgive those who have done me wrong. Yes it hurts but You were beaten, hurt way worse and the whole world turned against You. Oh Father, You are Good! You are what I need to be looking at, my focus always on You. This is my desire, please help me!"

Oh the fun memories of college, all the blessings here! The Lord is just doing amazing things in my life and the lives of my friends that it is so encouraging to watch! Well, i gotta go but hopefully i will write a more meaningful blog soon! AH! Busy spring semester :/

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I'm so glad you blog!!! haha :) And whatchu talkin' 'bout, girl? That was a meaningful blog post. It declares what God has been doing in your life, and He has been doing beautiful things! I love you a ton, Sis, and I love loving you! :) I'm glad we're friends, and I'm jealous of all those lucky people who get to hear you laugh almost everyday. May 14th, HURRY UP! haha :) Lots of love to you, Briana Joy!

    ReplyDelete