Friday was a BEAUTIFUL day as well and work was so fun and enjoyable. I love my job! I love working in the office, answering phone calls, dinking around on the computer, talking, joking, and laughing around with my bosses. It is just an AMAZING job and I am so thankful every time I work. It is such a blessing. I had lunch with my lovely friend Kristi and it was just so good to talk and listen to her. In the evening I had dinner with my friend Jen. I love these girls. They are two of my closes friends. I was able to laugh with them and it was just fun. Then we went to a friend's concert and he did amazing with classical guitar and it was relaxing. Then Jen's brother drove us up to the dorm and we were able to sit and talk for a few minutes and it was nice just to be able to be real and relax. I got back in the dorm and Kristi and I watched Step Up and then it was around 1 or 2 in the morning and we started saying random things and laughing really hard. I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile. It was just great. Then we went to bed and it felt SO GOOD.
Saturday:
This was a perfect day! I slept in until noonish and then dilly dallied around all morning. I wrote letters to my friend and her siblings and then I said goodbye to Jen. At three, Kristi and I started our adventure with my berry to mint gum which totally weirded her out but it is good :) Then we went to the mall and just tried on fun, ridiculous dresses and just talked, walked, and had a great time. It was so good not to have to be anywhere at a certain time or be back at a certain place. We ate outside at Chipotle and just watched the people walk by. I wanted to pinch myself to make it feel real. It felt so much like a dream as I tried to gather everything in to remember and to be able to go back and feel that moment. Kristi almost made me cry as she was talking about how thankful she was that I came to Master's and that it is hard to think of me not being in her life. It was touching and something I needed to hear. We watched as older couples walked by holding hands, as families were spending a night out on the town, as a guy was waiting for his blind date. These people are hurting and it was almost hard to watch but I know that God has a purpose for each and every one of them. When we got back to the school we were worn out and went to bed.
Sunday:
We weren't able to find rides to our churches so we ended up walking to Placerita for church. This was another moment that I was trying to take in as I thought about summer, how this wouldn't feel real but I want it to. The sermon was on how when we are most satisfied with God, He is most glorified. I needed a sermon on satisfaction. The things that I hold most dear always seems to be taken away and I have been struggling with this as well. It is something that has to happen and it isn't bad necessarily, only God knows, but I am going through a grieving process but that is ok. We sing this song in chapel called All I Have is Christ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsp-WuZR40g
What a statement. Hallelujah, All I have is Christ. Seriously, Christ is all we have. All that I hold dear could be taken away in a moment. Masters, my closest friends, my family, and my comfort could all be taken away. The ONLY stability that I have in my life IS CHRIST! But you know what? That should be a honor. He should be all I need, all I desire, all I want. It was a good message that I needed to hear. He was saying how we tend to read the Bible and think how it is so good but we often forget the Author. I know that I do that! Kristi said afterwards, "Would Christ be enough if you were to live the rest of your life as you are today" Wow. Think about that. I always have looked forward to getting married and having my own children. Why? Because I thought they would be mine, my stability but that isn't true! Christ is my guarantee and He IS enough!
I came back and took a nap and got some homework done and relaxed. In the evening Kristi's family invited me over for dinner and we celebrated her brother's birthday and it was a great time to relax and be with a family who I was able to fit right in with. I skyped my parents and talked to my sister on the phone, talked to my RD for a little bit, and then Kristi and I went long boarding! I am not that nervous anymore (since my hand accident). I was just so giddy and happy that a friend thought there was some boy in my life. It was hysterical because i said there wasn't but she wasn't convinced and kept trying to ask in different ways and it was just funny because i couldn't stop smiling. I was able to do more homework and then went to sleep.
Monday:
Today I was able to work for a few hours and again, it was great. Then I took a shower and heated up the top ramen :) Then I continued to fill out my IBEX (Israel Bible Extension program) application which got me really excited to, Lord willing, go to Israel a year from now. I packed to go to my roommates house, got some homework done and then Kristi and I went long boarding for 3hrs! It was soooooo fun and such a beautiful day to do so. We were able to do a lot more and we just went all over campus.
Such a great 1st day of spring break!

YAY!!! I'm so glad you've had such great moments and that you wrote them down to remember. This is so special and so important. I hope your break is refreshing, Briana. I love you a TON. Look for the special little moments. <3 You are so loved, girl! I'm glad Kristi told you how happy she was that you're in her life. Some people never say how much they appreciate other people. That's great she did. You are a jewel. California is lucky. *pouting face* ;) haha :) LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad you like your work and friends down there! Ugh! So happy for you! You don't even know... well continue on! :)
ReplyDeleteI too am sooo happy that you have been able to experience the Master's College and have found the friends that you have. God is so good in answering prayer!
ReplyDelete