How often do you embrace pain, deadness, numbness, or emptiness?
This month is so hard mentally, and emotionally and physically because of intense pain the past couple of days. I can tell you that I am not looking up. I am frustrated, hurting, and sick of the pain that messes with my mind which effects my school work, my outlook, and my countenance . . . but there is a reason.
In my Old Testament Class we are going through Jeremiah and we are talking about Jeremiah's hard hard life. Jeremiah is trying to defend Israel before God in court but God has to show Jeremiah that you cannot stop or question God's plan and so Jeremiah is going to kick the box that Israel is on. God is communicating His own pain through Jeremiah and in order for restoration God must judge. There must be:
1. Repentance
2. Confidence in God’s plan
3. Surrender to God’s glory
Oh brothers and sisters, it is so hard to embrace pain and trials. oh so hard. Trust me, I know! I want out at this moment and the last couple of days have been mental trying and exhausting. There is a point to this though. I need to have confidence in God's plan and I need to surrender to His glory.
Ps. 51:8 says, "Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice."
Ps 51:12 says, "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Ps. 51:17 says, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart O God, you will not despise."
God works through our brokenness and He heals and mends. I have been telling Him "I want out, I'm done. Why is this happening." Through trials and hard times God can bring joy and gladness and I need to focus on the gift of salvation and all that I have in Him. Look for the good!
181. Rock climbing with an amazing family who feels like a second family to me. One of the boys said, "Briana, not to be weird but it really feels like your my sister." Oh how that made me feel special. They have stolen my heart and gave me a boost of energy to continue on.
182. Being asked to Spring party with dutch blitz cards and finding a dress in time!
183. Being evaluated and given truth by my boss. Her love, kindness, honesty, and repentance. It was growing and good to hear.
184. A phone call with my sister, exchanging advise and prayer. Our friendship's growth from different states and how good the separation has been for us both to get back on our feet.
185. Laughter while watching, "Kids say the darnest things"
No comments:
Post a Comment