Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 4-14 (oops)

On Sunday, guess what verse was read:

Psalm 63:1-3 English Standard Version (ESV)
 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
    as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
    beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
    my lips will praise you.

How fitting. (see previous post)

As for looking for the beautiful the rest of the week it has been hard. I’ve had an attitude about some things which is something I’m trying to work on. 

One of the days I was really not wanting to answer the phone, but I was first so I picked it up. It ended up being this sweet old lady who I thoroughly enjoyed talking to. God made people beautiful. Each person has a story. They have their hardships and good times. They have different laughs, different struggles, and different accomplishments. There is beauty in wrinkles, in age, in life stories. There is beauty in an innocent little child, in a sleeping baby.

Later in the week I got a phone call from an old man asking if I was still selling fire wood and he asked that I call him back if he had dialed the wrong number. At work I cannot have my phone out so during my lunch break I called him back and left a message that he did indeed get the wrong number but I hope he is able to reach the person he is trying to get. Back to work I went and at the end of the day I had this sweet message on my phone thanking me for calling him back and that he appreciated it so much and he hopes I have a wonderful day. Those things just bless me.

This song had been one of my favorites since my senior year. I’m going to end it with this.

"Hello World"
Traffic crawls, cell phone calls
Talk radio screams at me
Through my tinted window I see
A little girl, rust red minivan
She's got chocolate on her face
Got little hands, and she waves at me
Yeah, she smiles at me

Hello world
How've you been?
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel cold as steel
Broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, a little hope
In a little girl
Hello world

Every day I drive by
A little white church
It's got these little white crosses
Like angels in the yard
Maybe I should stop on in
Say a prayer
Maybe talk to God
Like he is there
Oh I know he is there
Yeah, I know he's there

Sometimes I forget what living's for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I'll be there
Oh I'm home again
I see my wife, my little boy, little girl
Hello world
Hello world

All the empty disappears
I remember why I'm here
Just surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Oh hello world
Hello world
Hello world 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, sis! I'm listening to your song right now again. Sheesh, it's hard for me to listen to it . . . makes me miss you like crazy. It's your song. STINK! I'm gonna cry! I love you . . . so much.

    That beauty is there . . . sometimes, you'll only be able to find it in God's presence. Wow, I had never thought of those verses in that context. That it's in God's house that we see His beauty and glory. So glad some of His handcrafted folks could bless you on the phone. His image in people is BEAUTIFUL. So beautiful.

    I love you so much, Briana. So much. You are dear to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I did cry!!!!!!! :P Here's a great big hug. Hang in there! Can't wait to see you in 2 months and 6 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had fun catching up on your blog and I'm glad you're doing the October challenge! I'm so sorry you had a tough week....you are not alone in those! And your post about feeling restless? I well remember feeling restless in every job I ever had, just wondering and crying out to God, "Is this what you want me to do? Is this where you want me?" And just feeling like I never knew the answer. I know it seems like that time may last forever, but it won't. He has a plan for you Briana, and it's a beautiful one!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete