I got to Wednesday and thought surely nothing could go bad today. Shouldn't have said that. Then on Thursday, "no way, this is ridiculous!"
My sister got me a little office calendar with verses for everyday and Thursday's was "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" Hebrews 13:8. Fitting in a hard week.
Then came friday. . . Surely nothing terrible will happen, it just isn't a great day. I had lunch with a friend and it was so good to catch up with her and know that i'm not the only one struggling right now.
Then at 6:03pm I find out some not so good news. Really! Why? Why is this happening?!
But you know what, the Lord wanted to show me that He has not left despite these hard and trying things. I live in a broken world where things aren't promised to be easy. There is beauty in surrender, beauty in the broken. God's timing is perfect and He wants us to depend on Him.
When I got home there was a letter from one of my closest friends. She doesn't normally write and I haven't talked to her in awhile and with all the stress and everything that happened this week I just broke down when I opened it and saw a picture of us. I hadn't even read anything yet. The Lord knew I needed encouragement. And you know what, she meant to send it earlier but God knew I would need it today! Talk about perfect timing!
The picture was of us covered with mud from the dead sea and she wrote "God is faithful. We saw this in Israel and we have seen this in our own lives . . ."
In the card was this verse:
In the card was this verse:
Psalm 63:1-3English Standard Version (ESV)
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
Sometimes I feel like this but you know what. He is still with you and He loves you.
I'm going to end with this song that my sister shared with me. I hope it blesses you as much as it did me.
You know me and I know You
You're the God who calms all my storms
You're the voice inside my head
Don't give up
Don't let go
Don't lose trust
Don't lose hope
You can have all my fears, God
You can have all my sins
You can have all my weakness
I know you're with me to the very end
You're the God who calms all my storms
You're the voice inside my head
Don't give up
Don't let go
Don't lose trust
Don't lose hope
You can have all my fears, God
You can have all my sins
You can have all my weakness
I know you're with me to the very end


Wow. I don't have many words. What you're doing is courageous . . . seeking beauty in the ugly. Thank you for bringing me with you, for sharing. You may just help my eyes see it too. Ooh, I love you, Briana. YOU are so beautiful. Wish I could send you the biggest hug. You are dear to me! So dear to me.
ReplyDelete