Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joy vs. Happiness

Today I met up with my sister, well she met up with me (Miss Tardy :) ), and we went to a conference called woman2woman. It is where a big group of Christian ladies come together to worship and learn about God. It is a really encouraging to see all these women striving to seek God. Anyway, I drove my sister to her car and before she left she told me that I seemed to have more joy since the last time we were together. I disagreed but came to find out. . .yeah i do! I am not happier, but I have JOY! She was right. I have joy for what God is doing in my life and after hearing about God all afternoon how could one not have joy? There is a reason I didn't call my blog, "Running the Race with Happiness". That is impossible in my opinion! Happiness is based on circumstances and there always seems to be a better plan. But joy, I love joy! Joy is related to God. It is the firm confidence that all is well, regardless of your circumstances. I was looking this up on google and a website I found said, "Joy is God’s gift to every believer. It is the fruit that His Spirit produces within you (Galatians 5:22) from the moment you receive the Gospel (John 15:11). This joy increases as you study and obey God’s Word (1 John 1:4).Even severe trials need not rob you of your joy. James 1:2 says you should be joyful when you encounter various trials because trials produce spiritual endurance and maturity. They also prove that your faith is genuine, and a proven faith is the source of great joy (1 Peter 1:6-8)." I pray for joy. I would encourage you too! I learned to from a book called A Young Woman's Call to Prayer to pray through the fruits. I would so encourage you to read it! Honestly, I haven't finished it. It is one of those you need time and focus to read it because it is so deep.

Lord, give me love. Help me to love the people who hate me, the people who have hurt me. Help me to love like you love. Help me to let go of bitterness and choose forgiveness.

Lord give me JOY. Please continue to give me joy, You are the only way to get it. My circumstances suck but you can help me through them. Thank you for what you have done and are going to to.

Lord give me peace. Oh how I worry. ALL THE TIME! There are people in my life i am so stinkin worried about but i give them to you. Here are my worries, here is tomorrow. Let's work on today.

Lord, give me patience. I am not a patient person. I need my problems gone RIGHT NOW! I don't like to look past them I just want you to get me out of them. Please give me patience!

Lord give me kindness. I am a blunt person. I am a realist, honesty where it isn't needed. Help me to watch my tongue and be kind to others.

Lord give me goodness. Help me to be good.

Lord, give me faithfulness.I want to be faithful to You till the end but I am going to need help when times get tough!

Lord give me gentleness. I was listening to family talk the other day, the one with the husband and wife who had no idea what they were getting into when they got married. The guy, argues his point, the girl needs a 10min timeout where after a disagreement she locks herself in the bathroom for 10min in which her husband cannot disturb her, not knock on the door, nothing. I am the girl in timeout, hiding in the bathroom, laying in the tub with a towel as my pillow (yes i have done this) Please help me to be gentleness, take the time out instead of speak first.

Lord give me self-control. Help me not to give into the world.

Do you have joy? Dive in God's word, read, drink it in. . .He'll give you Joy!

3 comments:

  1. Miss Tardy, huh? hahaha :) Okay, you win . . . that's true. :)

    I like this post!!! A lot! Did you write the "Lord, give me . . ." or did you take them out of the book? And if you wrote them, YOU'VE SLEPT IN THE BATH TUB BEFORE???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote them out.

    No I haven't actually slept in a bath tub but i have laid in it and used a towel as a pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post a lot, too. Looks like you were very inspired. He is so good. He answers prayer. He loves us so--as imperfect as we all are!! love, mom

    ReplyDelete