31. The other day I received a totally unexpected letter from one of my best friends. It caught me off guard! It was surprising because I didn't think she wrote letters so that made me feel really special. It the week after I was having a bum week and then I received this card full of her writing. It put a huge smile on my face. Online a week earlier she said,
If you read this friend, I love you so much and you will never know how much that card or these words meant!
32. Two snow days! The first was in much need since I had stayed up till midnight typing my senior paper outline and talking to a friend. No, it wasn't necessary because I did not have to type out my note cards or talk to my friend but it was worth it!
33. Surprising blog find. I took a mini facebook break and it was a snow day so I went looking at blogs. I get an e-mail every weekend from photographers in London and I noticed that one of the post was a lady I have never seen before so I decided to go onto her blog. I was amazed by her pictures! There was words but I didn't really care at that moment. Then I get to page 5 and start reading. . .wow! If it is a photographers blog I never read, just look and here God opened my eyes. This amazing woman lost her brother in 2007 and lost her precious little boy of a few months in 2010. It was so sad! But what did I find? An AMAZING WOMAN OF GOD!!!! She is a Christian and praised God through her hardships. I really encourage you to go read her blog on page 5. http://natalienortonblog.com/page/5/ Here is some of it though:
"Every.single.morning, the sun will rise.
Circumstance has no power except the power we give it.
Many of life’s largest “problems” are born of thoughts and feelings and have zero basis in reality.
There is always SOMEONE to reach out to.
God can’t sail a ship that hasn’t left the harbor.
I am responsible for my life. No matter what.
I may not be able to choose my circumstances, but I can always choose my reaction to them.
The Savior is not only my Redeemer, but my dearest friend.
The world will go on spinning without me!!!! Fancy that!
It’s OK to have lofty dreams and ambitions!!!
ANYTHING is possible!
My brother is always closer than I think. I can often feel him in stillness.
Stillness is an essential part of my search for happiness.
Physical and spiritual health are my lifelines to success. If I want to be balanced and successful in ANY other areas of my life, these have GOT to come first.
I have to stay hydrated/I have got to avoid sugar/I need to be well rested/I have to make time for serious exercise at least 5 times a week.
I can’t do everything at the same time: at least not by myself.
It’s OK to ask for help.
Letting go is a wonderful gift."
What words of truth! I have had a hard last couple a years, mainly emotionally. I take things seriously, I care TONS about people, and I am a worry wart. As I read her blog she said 2010 was when she found her Roar. She made good things come out of it even though it was an extremely painful time and there is no way my year could've stunk as much as hers. That is what this blog is helping me to do though. ..see the precious moments. Thanks Natalie for your words. You blessed me! Not only your pictures but your words!
34 The bright, clean, green grass in the sunlight as the snow is melting away. "Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a steadfast spirit within me"
35 Painted nails :) I had fun! I had someone ask if I went and got a manicure :)
36 As I am reading the blog the song Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood came on. . .what a great reminder also.
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
No comments:
Post a Comment