What can go wrong when I have a half full cup of coffee sitting in front of me, snow flakes coming down outside, a warm fireplace going, Pandora mingling with the fire crackles in the background, and Lady Antebellum's
One Day You Will. Today had it's moments that made me sick, angry, sad. But now sitting here I am content. This was the first time I have ever heard One Day You Will and I thought I would share the lyrics with you:
You feel like you're falling backwards
Like you're slippin' through the cracks
Like no one would even notice
If you left this town and never came back
You walk outside and all you see is rain
You look inside and all you feel is pain
And you can't see it now
[Chorus]
But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will
You wake up every morning and ask yourself
What am I doing here anyway
With the weight of all those disappointments
Whispering in your ear
You're just barely hanging by a thread
You wanna scream but you're down to your last breath
And you don't know it yet
[Chorus]
Find the strength to rise above
You will
Find just what you're made of
One day you will
Oh one day you will
This gave me joy in this tough day. It is amazing how much you can relate to songs sometimes. This song explains some of the pain, the way i feel, YET it gives me hope for the brighter days that are out there. Well I need to finish my senior paper outline so I am going to catch you up on my blessings then I need to go! I hope you have a blessed evening with Jesus Christ, the true love, the truth, the trustworthy one.
-A wonderful note from my father. My love language, words of affirmation. A note can just touch my heart! Also that my dad would walk downstairs into my cold room to turn on my heater
-a pot of soup I made, "Is mom here?"
-a yummy Sunday lunch made with care (gluten free for my dad) by a sweet woman
-a haircut, fresh ends!
-hearing my wonderful mother's voice over the phone. Can't wait till Monday ;)
-a job for next week
-no school Monday
- sunshine smiling down on me and a friend as we took a lovely country walk Monday evening
-that friend teaching me how to crochet baby hats. Two down in two days and I have started my third! :)
-Watching beautiful children Sunday evening. I took a couple steps away from a little boy (chasing one of the fastest little crawlers I have ever seen!)and he just starts crying. I walk towards him, he stops and reaches out for me. For holding this precious little boy the rest of the night and thanking God for these pieces of joy in my life. Nothing touches my heart like a child.
-Singing in evening worship team as the only girl (first time!) AH!!! That was a step out of my comfort zone. I am thankful for Cody's harmony, Chaz's guitar skills, and Dylan's piano :)
-Singing a song while getting ready for church then jumping in the car and the same song is on the radio!!!!!!! It really touched me!
-Writing about James on my blog and a classmate asking me to take a picture describing James. . . those little things bless me, same book, same song.
-A teacher saying, "How are you doing? You weren't doing so well two weeks ago" I told him today was a downer so ask me another day, "OK i'll ask you tomorrow" ha ha that wasn't exactly what i meant but it was sweet
-being used my God, blessing a girl by a simple question. . .it was totally God orchestrating it!
Thank you Lord Jesus for these blessings, for helping me see Joy in hard times, for Your love to me when I can be unlovable!
I'm sorry it was a hard day, Briana. :( It's so cool that you could find blessings throughout the week though. I hope tomorrow is better! I love you. <3
ReplyDelete