The e-mail came today with the answer holding the next few years of my life. Subject: "Welcome to Kids Alive!"
OH. MY. GOODNESS!
I am accepted to be a part of Kids Alive International where I am planning to serve in the Dominican Republic for two years with the role of sponsorship coordinator!
I had my final interview yesterday and the whole day I had a peace and excitement that this is what I was supposed to do but what made me anxious was thinking that I could still hear the words no and I would need to be ok with that but boy would there have been a lot of questions. Today I still have peace mixed in with, "I'm crazy! What in the world am I doing?!" I'm freaking out a little bit. :) Last night, as I was praying about it and the unknowns, I was thinking about the only other time I felt this sure of something, my decision to go to the Master's College which has been the best two years of my life so far.
I never ever pictured this in my plan for my life. I had planned on graduating college, getting married right away, starting a family. I still have a lot of those same desires but God had a different plan for the right now. There is so much more to write on how this even came about and the confirmations God has sent that I want to remember when this gets hard but right now I need sleep. More to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment