I was not really looking forward to coming back to school as weird as that may sound from my excitement from last year and the excitement i had when summer began. It was such a weird feeling that I can't really explain. Master's felt like a dream and the people felt like distant memories, something too good to be true. I have never been involved in true, deep friendships before Masters and i've come to not feel worthy of them and so I couldn't understand relationships like that being true. It was hard to leave the comfort of home, and the love of my family to go to a place that felt like a distant dream, a false reality. I said goodbye to my parents, probably too fast as I wanted to get it over with so that I could try to be strong as I knew they were really struggling and I was too at times. They watched as I went through security and up the escalator to my gate. Here my plane was an hour and twenty minutes late to take off because we couldn't land in Sacramento due to intense cloud cover. Man was I antsy as time went by because that was the only time I had to get to my next flight. . .on the money :( I was quite nervous but I was able to listen to songs that we sing in chapel and that got me excited to come back. As soon as the plane landed I booked it out of there and headed towards my gate. Here my gate had changed so i had to go running with my heavy/full duffle bag down the hallways. When I got to the new gate which was supposed to be my gate. . .it didn't say it was going to burbank but orange county. I was so frustrated and confused but here every flight was delayed an hour so i had an hour to relax until the next plane took off. I landed in Burbank and was greeted by one of my best friends Kristi, and as soon as I saw her face and was with her in the car, it felt so comfortable, so normal, so good. She means so much to me and I still don't know why I have her as a friend! It was fun to be able to stay at her house again with her family, to talk and laugh, to dream and imagine. She is like a breath of fresh air.
I felt good, ready for the new year.
Blessings
186: Being home for summer, being with family and church family
187: Holding baby Hannah for the 1st time. Being able to get a smile from her and just to feel her little body in my arms. . .nothing quite compares to holding a sleeping baby in your arms.
188: Having my roommate and friend fly to Oregon to spend time with me and my family. They were such a blessing and such fun memories

189: Going with Harrison on his preschool field trip. Sitting with him on the bus, walking around and talking with him. It was so fun! Just being able to be with that family for a few days was great. They warm my heart. I did have to say goodbye though which was really hard. They moved away and my heart broke a little bit but it is helpful to not be at home where i would go and see them. I get to skype them tomorrow which i am super excited about! Avery's birthday was yesterday and she was convinced i was going to be there, that melted my heart and broke it at the same time. She wanted me to be there, i was on her mind and it just seemed logical that i would be there. honey if only i could've. Harrison told Katie (his mom) that he liked a girl at school and when asked why he responded, "cause she looks like Neena." ha ha man i love those kids so much even though they stole a huge chunk of my heart. I love what comes out of their mouths and what kinds of things they think of.
190: A big blessing was Sierrah Engwall taking pictures of me and the kids together to be able to look back even though they are gone. I will cherish the pictures forever.
191: Wayde coming to me on Sunday and when told to say goodbye he waved to his mom instead of me. ha ha oh my little wayde it was a fun summer with you.
192: Being able to be a part of camp day, to be able to play with the youth, hang out with friends and my sister, and a saturday of rest after many worked saturdays.
193: 1st MOTORCYCLE RIDE with my best friend/cousin. It was super fun!
194: Being in the Burkholder home, helping around the house and watching the children. I love how real that family is and how they let me be a part of it. I love being able to bless them and seeing how much it means to them.
195: ok, so i am not a surprise type of girl. . . AT ALL! I like to know what is happening and when but i did experience one of the best surprises ever on my birthday! The doorbell rang and their was Heidi (mom from 194) with her 5little ducklings and little Evan was holding a cake that was in the shape of a cupcake. She loaded her 5 children in the car, drove 30min to get to my house, unloaded them to hang out with me and then load them back up and drive 30min back! I was blessed beyond measure and felt soooo special! The kids had helped decorate the cake and they were able to have some with me. It was a really good cake!!! My heart still warms instantly as i think about it.
196: Blessed to be involved in the lives of children, to be able to be called different names, "Bree-ah" ~Noah, "mom-mom-mom-mom-mom-mom" ~Wayde, "Neena" ~Harrison and Avery
197: It was a blessing to be able to cook and bake this summer, to be able to get experience. It was also really nice to be able to have my car back. . . i love driving!
198: Hearing an unexpected, "I appreciated your blog." Thank you for reading these, i really do appreciate it.
199: Family date, spending time with one another while just driving and seeing God's beautiful creation. Also being able to go to Iowa for a family reunion and being able to hang out with them there as well.
200: Going on a date with my sister. Going in a FREEZING river while 69degrees outside, driving around, ending up at a cemetery (somehow we always do on our driving dates. . .we did NOT even try, we didn't even know there was a cemetery out there.)
201: Kristi picking me up from the airport and staying with her. Her friendship is a huge blessing!
202: Learning that Jen was indeed my roommate and being able to see her wonderful family (minus Josh) who has a special place in my heart, getting wonderful hugs from all of them. They always bless me and are just a huge blessing to me.
203: Being reunited with Gems that are here. People showing me that i am special and loved, cared about.
204: Working in King Hall. 1st of all having a job and 2nd of all LOVING IT!!! I was very warmly welcomed and it was fun to be able to work with those people again. So much love and fun, great place to be.
205: Delivering a shirt to an older man for work and his door was partially open and so i didn't really know what to do so i knocked kinda quietly and said, "Can i come in?" to which he responded, "Honey you can do whatever you want with a smile like that!" I talked to him for a little while and then when i went to leave he said, "Keep smiling that beautiful smile all day!" Man i love older people, seriously!
I'll leave you with 2 more pictures, the first is a canvas that i painted for my mom and ITS FINISHED!!!!! The 2nd is the amazing Oregon sky. God is sooo good!













No comments:
Post a Comment