Saturday, June 23, 2012

Letters from Home


Baby Hannah,

I held you so close on Sunday. It is hard, almost unbearable to think I wont be able to hold you and watch you as you grow up like I got to with Harrison and Avery.

I rub your little tiny fingers trying to soak in the feeling of your small body curled up to mine, the smell of your soft hair watching you sleep peacefully.

You have no idea how you have stolen my heart already. I was so excited for your birth and it was so hard to be in California for the first couple weeks of your life outside the womb, but God helped me make it. Now I find out that this time is short for soon you and your family are leaving to go far away and at times I struggle to hold back the tears.

You have amazing parents whom I love and I know they love you and want the best for you. They know how to have fun and they know when to be serious. They know you are important.

You are a precious bundle. I love you so much and I continue to press the memory in my head of your tiny body in my arms as you sleep. I still want to get to know you well my dear Hannah Elise! The Lord is so good despite the disappointments as our plans crash. Follow Him wholly with all of your heart! Don’t settle for less for you are loved and beautiful. You are a child of the King and He has a great plan in store for you. Keep in His peace and love.

I love you Hannah

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Harrison,

Never stop calling me Neena. I love hearing those words come off your lips. Sunday as you were eating you would randomly call my name just to say, “Neena, I love you.” Oh how it warms my heart and fills me with joy and pride. I try to soak in those words. Please don’t lose your excitement that you have every time you see me. I hope you continue to look forward to our time together as you say, “Neena, you took foreva to get here!”



I love seeing you grow up. I used to rock you to sleep as a baby, watch you learn to walk and even saw your first steps J 


I watched you learn to talk, learn to sing and dance and not have a care in the world. Keep your energy and spunk and your love for people. 


I know things don’t make sense right now as you don’t fully understand what going off to college means or moving to another town far away but we will skype and I will still try to see you as much as I can.


i love you OH SO MUCH buddy. You will always be my little buddy, my little giggle box. Thank you for remembering to pray for me at college. This transition will be hard for both of us but prayers are going into it. We will both pray ok! I love you my dear Harrison!

Love
~Your Neena





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

My Spunky Avery,





My little Avers, what an adventure it has been to see you learn and grow.

You are a ball of fire and energy that can either be a little cuddle bug where you say you are Neena's girl rather than grandpas ;) (that made me feel so special) or a little fire cracker that doesn't want to listen. When I came home for Christmas vacation from school you didn't understand what going off to college meant but you understood I was gone for too long as you were very clingy and gave me hugs all the time. I loved it so much! It made it harder to leave you again. Embedded in my head is the picture of pulling up to your house and you running down the drive way with open arms the whole way focused on me and gave me a warm embrace.




You were my little bubble girl who just loved when I came over to blow bubbles. I loved sitting on the pavement watching you learn to blow.













 i remember taking your one year pictures and trying to get you to smile. I remember holding you closely like I do hannah. I remember putting you in the jumper while I played with Harrison and you would just watch us and giggle, what a beautiful sound. 
I'm going to miss your cuddly hugs, your little voice saying "Neena I love you" and hearing the worry in your voice when you thought i was leaving for California again. I loved singing you are my sunshine with you and others at night. What a joy to my heart and I know it touched our Father in Heaven's as well. I know you love me and I hope you know how much I love you. I continue to tell you and I hope it sinks in. Keep your head up beautiful girl and know that Jesus loves you a lot!

You are my sunshine Avers. Keeps singing that!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful . . . and so sad. Oh Sis, those kids sure got a great babysitter/friend in you. They love you so much. :) You're going to be such a good Mom. I'm so sorry it's so hard for you too. Hopefully you can get in a few more adventures with them before they go and you go. <3 I love you. This is still a beautiful post . . . even though it's sad. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Briana!! Pictures and all. It is so beautiful to see how the children and your hearts blended and you cared for each other. God is so good to give you such a treasured experience in getting to know these precious lambs of His and Kyle and Katies. Yes, we are going to miss them terribly, but at least they will be back to visit.. hopefully holidays and other times.

    ReplyDelete