Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update

I do not like how time flies and you have so much to write about and you are in the mood but do not have time! I am going to take the time now and try to catch you up though :) I have been at Masters for five weeks already and it feels like i never left and that home was just a dream. I am doing well though. I do not struggle from being gone although i do miss my family.

The first couple of weeks every chapel struck me hard and pertained to me. It was so neat to see the Lord work and show me the things that I need to work on.

1. Jack Hughes spoke about the life of Joseph and how it was an example of God's providence. Yes we have heard that story since we were itty bitty but now that i am at a point in my life where i have to fully rely on God and this story shows that God is in total control even when we are stuck up, sold and beaten, without hope, and when we are paraded. God took a shepherd boy and put him into an Egyptian palace! That is more than luck! Why do bad things happen to God's children? because GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING! Isn't that encouraging! I sure needed it! Imagine how many times Joseph desperately cried out to God and he wasn't answered (with what felt like an answer). He was a captive, put in prison, and forgotten. God works through providence which means that all creatures, and humans have provision to persevere the plan that God has.

Do you believe?
Do you believe that God is guiding the events of your life?
Do you believe that God's providence isn't thwarted by what men do?

2. The prayer of Ps. 43 by Jason Bekker
His expectations were not fulfilled so how do we fight for joy in the mist of oppression?
vs 1.  unexpected circumstances. We tend to be tried by the things that are dearest to us. You will never be hurt more than by the ones you love. "God, you are the judge but also be my lawyer!"
         nothing is wrong with this prayer of "God please take this away"
vs. 2: The cry of the divided heart. God hasn't rejected Him but his emotions are suing different things. "I know you are my refuge but why do I not take ahold of that?" "I believe but help me in my unbelief"

in this Psalms, the author takes a corner. he now changes to "Change me!
1. Need for spiritual light for a dark heart
2. desire to come to God's light and alter in corporate worship with others so that we remember it isn't just about us. Isolation will make you go crazy
3. The joy of experiencing God's joy, and happiness equals externals that fail
4. Response of expression joy is praise
5. Look inward "Why are you moping around? The spiritual realities of life hasn't changed."

HOPE IN GOD, based on past, remember what He has done.
GOD NEVER WASTES MY PAIN!

That is all I will say now otherwise this could get lengthy but these were two messages that stood out to me.

I just found this song tonight and it stuck. It is called broken wings by Sara Reeves.


CHORUS - 
Im totally completely dependant upon you
Im totally completely dependant upon you


Here at the place of empty vessels 
Im pouring out this heart of selfish ambition 
When theres no more options left 
and im nothing but a mess
well thats when youre best 
when theres no words left to say 
and theres nothing to pray 
I just wait 
Oh I wait on you Lord
Im trusting in your word    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsa1W2d-bGg

This have been going great otherwise. I have been struggling with pain again but the Lord is still faithful and again, God never wastes my pain. Life is totally busy but God is steady. Relationships can be shaky and frustrating but God is the trustworthy friend in whom we should go to first. I had started to get out of habit of reading the Bible before I started by day and I was getting dry and so I picked it up again and it has made such a difference! Go to God first! Seriously, it makes life easier!

Now, continuing on here are the blessings and fun memories

161. Flying over God's creation and seeing His beautiful creation but also have a deep pain in my heart for what we have done to this world in sin.

162. Having a wonderful roommate who picked me up at the airport. She has been patient with me and loving and such an encouragement. I am so thankful for her and her acceptance of my faults.


163. Valentines from my Church family. They were the best! OH how I love them!















164. Getting such a wonderful job on campus where my bosses love me for who I am and I love them. It is such a great environment and office stuff that I really love to do. It is SUCH a blessing!

165. My dearfriend Jen Payne having lunch with me and giving a listening ear and being able to catch up on one another's lives and encouraging one another. Just her friendship and encouragement to me. A true friendship, not one that is fake.

Well, i need to go but guess what?!?!?!

I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND SATURDAY =D I will have even more to write about soon :)

3 comments:

  1. I REALLY LIKE THAT SONG!!! Just heard it this morning. haha :) WE MUST BE TWINS! I love you, Briana. Thank you for sharing. Jesus has done some wonderful things in your life. It's so cool to hear about it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so weird that you just heard it this morning! It is crazy! I love you sissy! Thanks for reading and commenting. It means a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana, it's always so encouraging to me to read your blogs!! I'm listening to that song right this instant, and it's definitely great :))) I love you so much, and I also love that you've gotten to much out of these first five weeks of this semester!! This year truly has already been amazing, and I'm so thankful for you. I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete