Now that I’ve seen the world it is hard to be satisfied.
I want more.
I’m
RESTLESS.
Will I ever stop being restless?
I want to
TRAVEL.
I want to soak up this big world. I want to see God’s
beautiful people. I want to meet many, touch people’s lives and hearts. I want
experiences, stories to tell. I want to live life to the fullest. Traveling is
starting to become an addiction. I just want MORE. It’s hard because in the
restlessness it is easy to feel alone and discouraged with the stand stills,
the time between. Living in a small community it seems like everyone stays
here. Then there is me. . . I go out of state for college, I go out of the
country for a semester, I go to another country and do videography and I just
want more. I have been in 4 countries other than America within the last year
and I LOVE it. I don’t want to give up traveling but where is the balance
between reality and adventure?
I have a good job yet it is so hard to get up in the
morning. A while back my sister had me take the enneagram test and it worded
what I am feeling so well! I am a number 7 which is “the busy, variety-seeking
type.” That says a lot right there.
“Playful,
high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents,
becoming over- extended . . . They constantly seek new and exciting
experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. “
How pathetic is that but it’s so true! I understand that completely!
Basic Fear:
Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire:
To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled
Key
Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and
happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves
excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.
When
moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), scattered Sevens suddenly
become perfectionistic and critical at one.
Examples:
Galileo Galilei, W.A. Mozart, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Amelia
Earhart, Simon Cowell
I am so ready to move on but I am trying to be content until
God draws me elsewhere. If you have any suggestions on how to do that I’m open to it :)
Here are a couple links to a sampler test for enneagram. It is very interesting if you haven't done it before:
YOU BLOGGED!!!!! Yay!!!! You even changed your blog scheme. :) I like it!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, it's so good to know how we're made. Look for the positives in it, sis. Be all you can be NOW, even in the restlessness. I love you.