Saturday, June 15, 2013

Blessings in my Life

What a week! This week was such a whirlwind full of stress and blessings but God was in it! I had a friend call me Thursday to tell me that his boss was hiring and had asked him if he knew of anyone who could do the job and he thought of me. The next day I went in to get an application, filled it out, went back to turn it in and had an interview right away. That night, I got a call from Dale asking me if i could come back the next day so he could meet me (my boss). Friday I go in, talk to this guy and am told they want me for the job! CRAZY! It went so fast I didn't feel like I could really think. Dale told the guy who oversees the company that he was going to lock me in the room until I signed the paper of employment. It was so special to feel wanted and to see their excitement. Those people seem so fun and I was able to joke around a lot with them already so i'm excited (and nervous) to see what this job will be like. Well, i'll get a better glimpse on Monday!

Well, it has been awhile (OK, a LONG time) since I have done a recap of blessings. In case you are new to following me, my sister challenged me to look for 1,000 blessings and right now I am at 206. These blessings are really needed in order for me to be more content with my place in Oregon right now, so . . . here it goes

206. I GOT A JOB! PTL! Huge blessing
207. Being so welcomed by a loving church family. Fun to see them again and fun to steal people's babies in church :) (you know what i mean), and jump in right away to help with worship team
208. Oregon sunsets and just thinking on all that the Lord has done for me. His constant love for me shown in many different ways. This same sun shines over Israel this very moment.



209. A friend recommended this book to me and he really wanted me to read it. It was fun to have some downtime to sit and read. One of the big things that stood out to me in this book (it isn't a Christian book fyi incase you decide to read it) was the fact that we need to know and think about the real, alive Jesus we are praying to. Do you really focus on who you are praying to? Something I still chew on


210. Got to do a photoshoot of little Hannah. So fun to get back in the grind. Here is the CD cover:

211. Dutch Bros!!! Something to help me survive my 3-11 shift and then hour drive home.

212. Having a temporary job of watching and helping out with Charles and getting to know the other residents and staff. Had some good laughs. It was so fun to make Charles smile, to get Mickey to take her teeth out when it was time for bed, to laugh to tears with Sondra.









213. Hour drive to think and pray.


214. Going on a family date/drive over the pass. Fun to spend time with them even though I was struggling with the fact about not going back to Masters. They have been so patient with me.











215. Taking a quick trip to the lake with some friends. Even better, Danae and I found a secret spot that was totally secluded so we quite enjoyed ourselves while we talked, laughed, and swam in the freezing cold water. This is Danae and I sitting on the hood of her car waiting for the other cars to arrive.

After we got done at the lake we drove to our house and sat around the fire and had smores. It was such a good time.

216. Talking to my dear friend Jen on the phone for at least an hour. Did my heart wonders to hear her voice.
217. Skyping Joelle and Kristi Wednesday (2hrs each!)! What gems who just know how to encourage me when i'm down.
218. Being asked to be a bridesmaid! Super excited to stand there to support my dear friend.
219. Katie wrote me "Today we were driving to the store and out of the blue Harrison says "I wish we could move back to Lebanon so I could see Neena more often...I love her." I thought that was just so sweet! And I have no idea what made him think of that - we had not been talking about anything like that at all!" Man that kid knows how to bless me and make me feel so special! They were down in the area (when I took Hannah's pictures) and Harrison was out swinging and I walked out to see him and he jumped off (didn't know he could do that) and ran to me with open arms. I just beamed :)

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Your photos are beautiful, and your list is filled with such good things in the midst of a hard season. It is so kind that He's so patient. I'm really grateful for you, Bri. I hope the Lord really blesses you in your gratitude and list-making. Had such a good time with you at the lake today!!! :) We're so bomb, finding a secret-beach and everything! haha :)

    ReplyDelete