Saturday, April 9, 2011

seeing the smiles when He is thy vision

"Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart. . .Thou my best Thought, by day or by night, Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light."

This song is playing in the background as I write this blog post. It has been in my head and happened to be the first song to play as I signed into pandora. This week was full of joy, relieve, smiles, and laughs. There were times I felt God winking at me, times I could almost see Him smiling. Why? Because He is my vision.

"May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun! Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all."

I encourage you to look up all the words to this song! He needs to be my vision in times of good and times of bad. I haven't been a good example of one looking to Him as my visions in time of trouble. I am one who likes to take things into my own hands when I need to give it to my Lord.

This will be a long blog post since I haven't been on in awhile :) So I checked out this AMAZING school called The Master's College over spring break and loved it! I totally feel God directing me there. I know I will be overwhelmed with information about God and it will be a challenge but it is good for me to get out of my comfort zone, to work harder then I thought I could. I met some amazing girls who encouraged me. I didn't know how much stress the college situation was affecting me until I knew where I was to go.

51. A direction, a calling to a college.  Feeling God's pull.

52. Relief from knowing and trusting God with my college decision. A teacher noticing the joy and relief when I didn't even tell him I had decided or was going to check it out.

52. Meeting an amazing woman at college in which I was blessed to stay with. Fun with her in the lounge, meeting new people, and talking. Her kind, gentle spirit that was refreshing to me. Something I long for in a friend.

53. A message from the person mentioned above asking me about an awkward scenario we talked about. It made me smile that she remembered and how blessed I was not to have to experience this scenario like I was worried about.

54. Laughter in the car with my sister. Laughter that was much needed between the two of us. Good memories.

55. My little 3 and 4 years old claiming me as "teacher" to the other teacher oops :) I didn't brain wash them I promise!

56.  A unexpected little girl coming to sit on my lap during church. The moment prior I was wishing a child would sit on my lap and God sent this girl and i knew He was winking at me.

57. Senior Speech. . .DONE! Being able to go in front of a group of peers and teachers giving a speech and defending my topic that women should not be pastors. That has weighed on me for a long time and the relief of having it done was unexplainable! I knew the Lord helped me and was smiling at me saying, "I knew you could do it"

58. Being asked to formal, a flower on my car mirror. Relief in not having to worry about who was going to ask me or who I should go with.

59 A free formal dress! Wanting a red dress in which I could not find and then finding out I was looking in the wrong size. Being able to look down two sizes in which I found the right one!

60 Being able to eat lunch at a park with friends in the sunshine. A friend of mine letting me ride with her in which we rolled down the windows, blared the music (glad someone likes to do it too) while rocking out. Laughter at how close she parked to the car in front of us that was luckily a classmates. We both have seniorites so we both were a big mess full of laughter that when we got back to class we were having a hairband war in which the teacher couldn't get over my laughter.

61 A trip to Silver Creek Falls with a friend and her host mom. The beauty of God's creation, the fresh air.

62 THE SUNSHINE!!! The warmth on my skin, being able to roll down my car windows, being able to eat outside, being able to wash my car.

63 Live Like Your Dying by Kris Allen coming on the radio on my way home from Silver Creek Falls. Being able to sing a long with the music up and windows down. Good song!

64 Playing "Just Dance" with a group of friends and beating the professional 10yr old :) It was embarrassing   but so hilarious. Party with all girls, one boy in which the boy better not post videos :-o

65 Having a National Honors Society party in which a great group of people showed up. The fun of just being able to belong in a sense, to have fun with these people. A game of Dutch Blitz, and being enticed into Quelf though I really did not want to do it. . .still had fun and didn't have to do anything too embarrassing.

I really encourage you to make Jesus your vision. I guarantee if you look for it, you will see Him smile. I have this week like I have never before. I have been scared to have a good day because of the pattern of having a good day means the next day is really bad but I was open this week and guess what. . . The bad didn't come! I am so thankful to the Lord for this blessed week. I am going to continue to look for His smile. It is an amazing feeling that I encourage you to look for!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! AMAZING BLOG POST!!!! Love it! So happy for you, Briana!!! :) What great things have been happening lately! I'm so glad things have been going well for you this week. Jesus is so good to us . . . He likes to wink on us. :) I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You. I'm encouraged by your blog every time I read it! so thanks. :)

    -Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenna. That means more to me than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Briana! I'm glad you had a good week that sounds so great! That's usually the pattern that i have (good day - bad day) but it's nice to know it can be broken! You ARE very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete