Wow. Time is flying during this break and I don’t like it!
My time so far has consisted of hours on the piano, homework, running in the
cold and snow, trying to get in shape for IBEX, games with the family, a party
with some friends that consisted of tons of laughter, a hair cut that ended
with bangs, holding lots of babies, and rest. This has been the first time that
I have really been able to sit down and look back on the semester as well.
Here are some of the highlights and blessings:
- · Being picked up at the airport by my dear friend Kristi and the rest that comes when I am with her, my heart becomes calm. We can pick up were we left off and it doesn’t feel like I ever left. Being able to stay at her house was a joy and just being able to catch up and sit with one another
- · Finding out Jen was indeed my roommate and being able to have countless hours of conversations and laughter with her. She is such a gem. Such an encourager, a loving, caring friend. A good nurse ;) She put up with a lot being in a room with me as this semester had many ups and downs from sicknesses, to singing with “spontaneously rhythmic movement” with the girls on my wing, to listening as I struggled with these different relationships in my life, watching the tears and frustration from worry and hurt. Yet she is patient, gracious, and loving. Loves me for who I really am and it means a lot.
- · Sunday lunches with my roommate and being able to share what the Lord shared with us from the services we just came from. To be able to grow together and see the Lord teaching us different things.
- · Being able to still work in King Hall and being able to continue my relationships with the people there. Man, those people in there are such a hoot! So many times of laughter till the tears came, comforting and listening, support. Those people are such a blessing and I am so honored to know them and have them be a part of my life. It is hard to give it up but I know once I am in Israel it won’t be as hard but they all care, accept me and enjoy having me in there. Once Pete found out I was going to Israel he said, “Man, when we hired you we should’ve made you sign saying you would never be an RA or go to Israel!” =D Best job ever! Thank you Jess and Pete. You guys are amazing bosses and I love it that I am able to know you. Thank you for giving me a job and know that I will miss it this semester!
- · At the end of the semester Jess invited Amy (a wing mate, fellow intern, and friend) and I over to her house to sit and chat. It was so fun to drink apple cider and just talk. Jess is so patient, wise, kind, a listener who gives good advice. We both love and appreciate her a lot. Had serious conversations and then laughter once her husband came home and they were telling stories. They are the cutest couple definitely made for each other!
- · My grandpa turned 92 and I was honored to speak to him on the phone. He usually sings me a song when I answer (a song that he made up on the spot by the way) and he teases me and just loves on me. I am so blessed by him.
- · Being so blessed with the Master’s family. Passing by people who call you by your name, even professors. Every time I passed Prof Jensen he always would say, “Hi Briana!” and it really meant a lot
- · Fro-yo runs with the girls. So blessed by the wonderful girls on my wing and the fun we have been able to have as well as the serious conversations and sharing our struggles.
- · The battle of the pranks Ms. Stephanie McVicker ;) Oh how I love her oh so much! Started with a couch in front of Jen and My room to pictures of Jen and I all over her wall, to Jelly Fish outside our window. So great =D You better watch out Steph, we may be in Israel but we have sources ;)
- · Being able to enjoy the sunshine. Countless drives to wherever with the windows down, music turned up and singing with it whether it be going to Diddy Riese with my wing mates to Pismo with a couple girls on my outreach team.
- · Going to Pismo with my roommate and her family, and some of her brother’s wing (he’s an RA). I love that family so much, loved being able to get a hug from their parents (so helpful when I miss my parents) and siblings, being able to tease James and Jeremiah, to hold hands with Juliann and just enjoy spending time with her and seeing what the Lord is doing in her life. It was refreshing to just talk to my Maker as I looked out across the ocean and just sat in the peace and quiet. There was a lot of fun as well, which included ultimate Frisbee on the beach where a random older guy was taking pictures of us playing . . . weird, taking jumping pictures, and interesting conversations during meals.
- · Going to a free Phil Wickham concert with Kristi, Joelle, and Jessica and being able to worship our Maker with Phil as the leader. Didn’t feel like a concert but instead a worship service that caused me to feel refreshed.
- · Skyping Katie and the kiddos was always a joy. Hearing Avery say, “Neena I just want you to come through the camera.” Priceless. Got to see the new dance moves she was learning, got to see Harrison’s warm-ups.
- · The countless packages from my parents that always seemed to make it to me when I needed it. Yummy goodies from home, sweet notes, and love. I loved my skype dates with them almost every weekend as well. They are such encouragers full of wisdom and understanding. I am so blessed by them!!
- · My small group was always a joy. The girls were so great and it was fun to go through James with them. It was fun to go get Jamba juice at the beginning when a gracious cashier let us get the discount even when we were about 5min late J also the coffee run on the last date where the girls made Jen and I notes and chocolate since we are leaving. I will miss them!
- · Adventures with Kristi which included driving to what was supposed to be a lookout where we could see all the town lights at night but instead ended up in an adventure down a road leading to who knows where in the dark with no cell service, GPS doesn’t pick up where we are, a low gas tank, and minds that start to go crazy J Thankfully we made it back to a gas station and saw that the place we were looking for was about 10min out and instead we went close to an hour!! Quality time J We also went bowling together where we had two guys, probably in their late 30s, next to us where when one of the guys went after me he would do good so he would say things like I was his girl, his good luck charm, can I have your number, we are getting a divorce you keep the kids, you complete me . . . etc. I even got a hug once! It was funny at first and then we started to get annoyed and a little freaked out but bowling was fun! We did pretty well to if I do say so myself.
- · Kristi is just a blessing. There was something that happened that caused me to be very angry and confused and I just needed to get off campus so I called her almost in tears asking her where she was at and if she was busy and she said she would be at the school in 5 min! Am I blessed or what! Who knew a senior would reach out to me and that our friendship would last beyond graduation and Lord willing for a lifetime! She bought me coffee and took me to a park and just sat and talked things out with me. Helped me to become calm and to think clearly. At the end of the semester she took me out to dinner and then we went Christmas shopping (came out empty handed but still fun J) and then went and saw Christmas lights. It was really fun!
- · I could not believe I was blessed with such an amazing outreach week again. I was nervous going into it cause of last year being so amazing but it turned out to be just as good in different ways. I loved holding Eric and Angel’s (the pastor and his wife) baby, talking to Angel and going shopping with her for decorating items for the church, staying at grandma Carole’s house and being able to sit and talk with her one night, sitting on the roof with the girls watching the thunder storm, going to Boomers and doing mini golf and go carts (SO FUN! First go-cart experience), and just working around the church, sharing our testimonies to some of the members, and just being able to go to church with them. It was a small church of around 60 so what we did meant a lot to them.
- · Thanksgiving was great being with the Payne family again. So good to have a break, make new friends, laugh a lot, play with James and Jeremiah again and have good conversations with Juliann. Also it is always fun being with Jen but adds another feel without the stress of school. It continues to amaze me that this family would share their thanksgiving with me and open their arms so lovingly and invite me in. This family is so amazing and it honestly feels like another home that is comfortable and natural. They constantly bless me and I am honored to know them! It was hard to say goodbye because the next time I will see them will be graduation, which will be crazy since Jon is graduating so who knows how much I will actually be able to see them, and then I don’t know when the next time will be. Before I got into the car I got multiple hugs from James and Jeremiah. James made me a grass bracelet, which I still have J Crazy time with stratego, hand and foot ;), a game Jon learned in Germany, volleyball, Ping, and Gestures.
- · Day of Prayer is always a huge blessing! Led by Daniel Henderson who did it last year as well. I was excited that he was able to come back.
- · Slurpee run with Joelle J Many talks, a few tears, lots of hugs. I love her lots. Joelle, if you ever read this, thank you for your love, your wisdom, your willingness to put what is in my mind to words, your advice even if it hurts. Means a whole lot. I’m so thankful you understand my world, that you were able to come to my element, meet my amazing grandparents ;) hang out with my parents and tour elements of my life. Still beyond blessed that you would do that! Thank you
- · Making songs with Shaena J “You will have to skype me have to write me talk to me” ;)
- · Watching a movie with the girls and then talking once it was over and then Jen mentioning a funny YouTube video I found for a project that I showed her last year at thanksgiving and I laughed for about 5min to tears! Oh man, I was so tired and relieved that finals were over I was just all over the place . . . thankfully Stephanie laughed right along with me ;) She is like me in so many ways that it is so easy to connect to her!
- · Christmas Concerts which always amaze me! My school is so talented. The choir sounded AMAZING, Majesty sounded AMAZING, and the orchestra sounded AMAZING! It was a huge blessing to be able to go because I wasn’t going to due to finances and then here a friend got John MacArthur’s tickets because he ended up going to the earlier one so the tickets were free and get this . . . in the very front row on the right hand side. It was so great!
- · A friend being willing to listen to me and give me advice. He knows how to ask me the hard questions that can be super convicting but it means a lot. He took Jen and I to In-and-Out and bought us milkshakes so he wouldn’t be eating alone J If you are reading this, thank you. I really appreciate your opinion and your friendship. I’m excited to see where the Lord is going to take you and what He is going to do in your life!!!
- · Slight/Sweazy Christmas party playing Bigger and Better, winning for the second year coming back with a grill, speaker frames, stethoscope, tons of scotch tape, band aids, fireworks, etc. . . And get this, we still kept the pennies! J
- My RD made Jen and I breakfast the day we left and it was so fun to be able to sit and talk with her. She is such an amazing lady who I appreciate a ton. She is so wise, also knows how to ask questions, is so loving and gentle. I am honored to know her!
Overall it was a good semester, hard to have it end just for
the fact that I know it wont ever be the same again, that I wont be able to
live with those girls on the same wing again, that I most likely wont ever live
in a dorm again and so on. But looking back was good, to be able to reflect the
good times, the see the blessings that the Lord has given me so graciously, so
undeserved.
Father,
Thank you
so much for a wonderful semester. Thank you for teaching me, growing me,
healing me, comforting me. It was an honor to be under such great teaching
about You and to be able to learn more about You which helped our relationship
grow. Please help me to keep learning, to keep growing and seeking hard after You.
Help me to worship you and glorify You in the hard times, the times that are
unknown. Father, if it is not your will for me to come back to Masters, help me
to be content and not let that affect my relationship with you and with others.
Thank you for all the blessings Master’s has brought to my life. One of the
best things my life has ever had. All glory to you. I love you.
~Your
daughter
















No comments:
Post a Comment